Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cartoons from the 1920-1940

After watching some cartoons from the 1920-1940's today, some of the things I found interesting were, that the older cartoons didn't have any words, just music. I found the older ones were more like a story book, than the cartoons you see on TV today.

The cartoons from the 1920 to the 1940's used humour, the same as many cartoons today. The cartoons from then also used music to help animate the storyline, music is still used in cartoons today as a tool in helping the story come across to the audience.

Something that I was surprised to learn about cartoons today, was when the first coloured cartoon came out. I didn't realize that it came out as early as the 1930's.

Cartoons are still a very big part of the media world today. Cartoons are not just used as a TV show, but also a form of advertisement. Many companies use cartoons in their ad campaigns because they know how much the general public likes them.I think that cartoons are still so popular in today's world because they can reach a big range of age groups and demographics.

I grew up watching Disney cartoons and after watching the cartoons from the 30's and 40's I realized that these are some of the cartoons I watched. I have watched movies such as Snow White, which was the first feature length cartoon ever made, it came out in the 1930's.
I think people today would still like many of these cartoons. Some people may be bothered by the lack of colour, but many kids and adults still like the old Disney cartoons as well as many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment