Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Violence in Film

In many movies today violence is a main component. Many people believe that violence makes to movie worth watching. In some cases that is true. A lot of people go see movies that have lots of action and violent scenes, beacuse that is what they like to see. I think many people like to go and see violent movies beacuse they are not usually realistic and are not something that happens in their everyday lives.
I think that some action scenes do make the movie better in some cases, but the movie also needs a plot. If there is just fight scene after fight scene the movie is not as interesting as it could be, it just seems to be alot of pointless fighting.
In many movies violence is the way the conflict is resolved, without violence I don't think many movies would make sense in the end.
Some movies could be made and still have a lot of fast pace action and not as much violence, but I don't believe that they would be nearly as popular as a movie with many different action sequences.

Here is the trailer of the movie "The Bourne Ultimatum." This movie has many violent scenes, but that is what makes this movie so great. This is a movie that wouldn't be the same without violence. In this movie violence is used to solve the conflicts within the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment